Markdown as standard wiki syntax

david scotson david.scotson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:21:04 EDT 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 5:59 PM, John Gruber <gruber at fedora.net> wrote:
> To me, #4 is the reason I *don't* want t support this: I'd like to
> see Markdown adopted as a standard -- or maybe eventually even *the*
> standard -- wiki markup syntax.

I too would really like to see this occur. Is there any specific moves
afoot to make this happen? Particularly, for my purposes, in PHP?

Instiki is very nice program and I remember previous mentions of
someone hacking MediaWiki to support Markdown. Is there any
cross-wiki, cross-language co-ordination happening to
support/standardise/expand the use of Markdown in this area?

regards,

dave scotson