Markdown not working with biggish file

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Wed Apr 6 23:01:56 EDT 2005

David Tannenbaum <david.tannenbaum at gmail.com> wrote on 04/06/05 at 10:48pm:

> I just went through page by page with Dingis, copying a little bit
> each time, and discovered whtat I think is a length limit. No matter
> what I typed beyond the limit, Dingus would not convert.

It's possible the Dingus is failing because of Pair (my web host)'s
process reaper, which kills CGI processes that consume too much CPU
time. Hard to say.

> I did something similar with HumaneType 5 and an Applescript
> written for OS X.

Would it be possible for you to send me the input file? If so, send
it to me off-list as an email attachment. If it's confidential or
for whatever reason you'd prefer not to, can you try doing it right
on the OS X command line?

Something like

    % perl /path/to/Markdown.pl yourinputfile.text > output.html

should work.

There shouldn't be any such practical limits on input size.