[ANN] PHP Markdown 1.0.1a

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Apr 15 21:52:51 EDT 2005

Since it seems Markdown 1.0.2 is still some time away, and since every
known problem about PHP Markdown integration with WordPress have been
solved, I think it's time for a small maintenance release.

<http://www.michelf.com/docs/projets/php-markdown-1.0.1a.zip>

I will add it to the website this weekend. For those of you using
WordPress, feel free to install it and report any problem. (But I'm
pretty confident there will be none.)

1.0.1a (15 Apr 2005)

*	Fixed an issue where PHP warnings where trigged when converting
	list items running on PHP 4.0.6. This was comming from the `rtrim`
	function which did not support the second argument prior version
	4.1. Replaced by a regular expression.

*	Markdown now filter correctly post excerpts and comment
	excerpts in WordPress.

*	Automatic links and some code sample where "corrected" by
	the balenceTag filter in WordPress meant to ensure HTML
	is well formed. This new version of PHP Markdown postpone this
	filter so that it runs after Markdown.

*	Blockquote syntax and some code sample where stripped by
	a new WordPress 1.5 filter meant to remove unwanted HTML
	in comments. This new version of PHP Markdown postpone this
	filter so that it runs after Markdown.

Note: WordPress 1.5.1 (when it ships) will correct some problems
regarding automatic links and code samples stripped from auto-generated
post excerpts. This is the last problem remaining (to my knowleage)
regarding Markdown and WordPress.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/