link soup

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Tue Aug 16 18:24:13 EDT 2005

@ 23:33 on 16.8.05, Aaron Swartz wrote:

>Isn't this exactly what the new footnotes feature is for?

Doubtless. Its not part of the current realease though. Or is it ?

I got the impression from the footnotes thread, that John was still
thinking about the syntax. (Although it looks like ^ is going to be used
up.)

The case I illustrated would be helped (a lot) by a solution for
footnotes, but its not *just* about footnotes. For me its about coding
citations in papers. There are some particular conventions that will
probably need to be adhered to in terms of the style [^1] of the
citations in the output. These need to be combined with a footnote
solution which also includes at least one external link per footnote.

mark.

[^1]: This is primarily a matter of the input contents, though some
aspects can be addressed in the CSS.