Tables

David Herren david at idiomatrix.com
Tue Dec 6 19:22:29 EST 2005

Virtually everywhere in the world other than the US uses a comma to
indicate decimal fractions, correct? Certainly in Spain, Italy,
France, etc. I've only been in the UK once and didn't happen to
notice while there. (as far as I know, the US is also the only
country that doesn't know what a milliard is and mistakenly calls it
a billion...)

On Dec 2, 2005, at 1:55 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:

> The other problem is that you cannot always count on the alignment

> character to be a dot. If French, for example, the decimal

> separator is a comma. And there may be some uses for other

> characters as well, I'm thinking about '/' or ':' to align ratios.

/david

--
david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys orionarm

"I'm going to work with every Cabinet member to set a series of goals
for each Cabinet."

-George W. Bush, Austin, TX, Jan 2, 2001

http://www.bushorchimp.com/