[ANN] PHP Markdown 1.0.1c (and Extra 1.0.1), PHP SmartyPants 1.5.1e

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Dec 9 20:48:17 EST 2005

Today I fixed two small issues, one with PHP SmartyPants and the
other with PHP Markdown. It appears PHP SmartyPants never accepted
escaped quotes; I'm surprised to not have got a report about that
prior to this month. And PHP Markdown began to suffer november 28,
date of the release of PHP 5.1.1, because this bug was fixed in PHP:

> * Usage of \{$var} in PHP 5.1.0 resulted in the output of {$var}
> instead of the $var variable's value enclosed in {}.

which broke the code block regular expression.

You can download them from here:

<http://www.michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/>
<http://www.michelf.com/projects/php-smartypants/>

Changes
-------

PHP Markdown 1.0.1c & PHP Markdown Extra 1.0.1

* Fixed a problem occurring with PHP 5.1.1 due to a small
change to strings variable replacement behaviour in
this version.

PHP SmartyPants 1.5.1e

* Fix for a bug that prevented special characters from being
escaped.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/