Attribute references

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Sun Jan 9 21:00:14 EST 2005

Lou Quillio <public at quillio.com> wrote on 01/09/05 at 3:36pm:

> Might as well go the full route. {#id .class}

As mentioned in my follow-up to Bob's post, I'm leaning strongly
against this direction -- but, if I were to change my mind, it'd
definitely use the dot syntax for classes.

> As for other attributes, I say the user's on his own there -- though I
> would like a way to specify height/width attributes for images.

See, that's the problem. A lot of people have one or two pet
attributes they want support for. For you it's height and width for
img's. For others, it's cite for blockquote. That's why I'm leaning
toward a single consistent syntax for *any* attribute.