Attribute references

european bob bob at wolfwall.com
Mon Jan 10 14:38:03 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 19:21 +0000, David Dorward wrote:
> > Actually, it's not. HTML 4.01, #13.7.1 - deprecated in favour of
> > stylesheets.
>
> The spec does not mark those attributes as deprecated. (Then again,
> <b> and <i> aren't deprecated either).

        13.7 Visual presentation of images, objects, and applets

        All IMG and OBJECT attributes that concern visual alignment and
        presentation have been deprecated in favor of style sheets.

That applies to the entirety of 13.7, including 13.7.1 - width and
height. I would guess that means that width and height are also missing
from XHTML1.1, but the w3 site is a load of rubbish and I can't tell :o)

--bob.