Paragraphs and Line Breaks

Angie Ahl alists at vertebrate.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 13:07:27 EDT 2005

"When you do want to insert a <br /> break tag using Markdown, you end
a line with two or more spaces, then type return.
Yes, this takes a tad more effort to create a <br />, but a simplistic
“every line break is a <br />” rule wouldn’t work for Markdown."

Just thought I'd make a suggestion here.
My old markup has the rule of \n{2,} means end para start the next one.
single \n means line break.

Has worked perfectly for years. So much so that I'm going to hack my
copy of markdown to make it work that way... hope you don't mind John.

If you process the paras first then it works beautifully.
I know it's probably too late for markdown as people will have already
got used to it.

Angie