Known list nesting bug in 1.0.1

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Mon Jul 11 16:47:57 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to write a mixed nested list, and Markdown is getting
it wrong:

* Foo
* Bar
* Baz
* Quux

Blech

This yields:

<ul>

<ul>
<li>Bar</li>
<li>Baz</li>
<li>Quux</li>
</ul>

</ul></p>

The “Blech” line has a superfluous opening paragraph tag.

This issue is severely annoying. I’ve run into it multiple times,
since I use Markdown lots for writing todo-lists and other
outline-ish text files to keep organized, and that involves lots
and lots of mixed nested lists.

$ Markdown -v
This is Markdown, version 1.0.1.
Copyright 2004 John Gruber
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

Since the Dingus does not have this problem, it is obviously
known and even fixed. Unfortunately, things have been quiet since
1.0.1. It would be nice to have at least a bugfix pointrelease
sometime soon.

Regards,