[Link] shortcut

Timothy Johnson timmy at jhnsn.org
Mon Mar 21 12:41:27 EST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 12:17 PM, John Gruber wrote:

But it's too late for that.

Is it? New syntaxes have the problem of breaking the way everyone is
used to doing it, thus backwards compatibility is compromised. However,
for newer users and applications, innovation and hindsight-improvements
are what moves something forward. Sort of like how I moved from
TextPattern to Markdown, I could see moving to another product if it
really made more sense visually. How hard would it be to make a simple
sister to Markdown if the new syntax appeals to someone (me)?

--
Timothy Johnson
Found. Interactive Design