possible bug?

David Herren david at idiomatrix.com
Thu Mar 31 13:23:56 EST 2005

Thanks for the replies Michel and John...

My bad on the lousy report... yes, I am using Wordpress 1.5 and the
default markdown that ships with 1.5.

Furthermore, my bad again... I know about the "correct invalid xhtml"
and because I use the runphp plugin, I "always" have it turned off.
Since I "knew" that it was already off, I didn't think that could be
the problem...

BUT, I was working on a newly installed "sub-blog" for the high school
web site for the science faculty, and sure enough, I hadn't yet turned
off the 'correct xhtml' checkbox in the new blog....

On Mar 30, 2005, at 6:17 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:

>> Something odd at least, and probably my error.
>
> Are you using WordPress? If not, disregard this message.
>
> You should uncheck the “WordPress should correct invalidly nested
> XHTML automatically” box from the WordPress admin interface in Tools >
> Writing. When active, WordPress tries to correct anything that looks
> like a tag before Markdown has a chance to convert the text to HTML,
> and it gives results like this. (although generally it looks more like
> `<http ://something></http>`)
>
> This will be "fixed" by PHP Markdown 1.0.2 **if you use WordPress
> 1.5**. WordPress 1.5 now allows plugins to postpone the execution of
> this filter.

/david

--
david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys orionarm

"W" is making enemies faster than he can kill them.