Emphasis with `_`

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue May 24 23:11:55 EDT 2005

Le 24 mai 2005, à 21:15, Kyle Maxwell a écrit :

> Hmm, something must be wrong with my install then, as this doesn't
> work for me in Wordpress (running 1.0.1a). I'll check further on my
> end, then. Sorry, I thought this was a problem with Markdown overall.

I'm aware since recently of some bugs regarding with WordPress
regarding comments. This is one of them; it is caused by some default
WordPress text filters which are not properly deactivated by PHP
Markdown.

(Did I mentioned the text filtering system of WordPress is really badly
suited for an alternative syntax like Markdown? With each new version
new workarounds are needed. And sometime I get them wrong, like in
1.0.1a.)

Anyway, I think you can expect an update to PHP Markdown by the end of
this week. There is plenty to fix.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/