Unordered lists

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue Nov 15 07:17:23 EST 2005

Le 2005-11-15 à 04:12, A. Pagaltzis a écrit :

>> and since it's not possible to detect the character encoding in

>> a plain text file ...

> It is, using a BOM character.

Not all UTF-8 files have a BOM, in fact most of them on my computer
don't have it. And I wouldn't count snippets of text from a content
management system to add a BOM either.

Event if UTF-8 was detectable, it would make a feature (the bullet)
that work sometime and don't work at other times. Many people don't
have a clue about what is character encoding, so when it won't work
on their weblog they will have no idea why and will get frustrated or
complain about a "bug".

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/