BBEdit and TextWranger CSS Syntax Checker 1.0.1

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Oct 27 04:31:27 EDT 2005

Hi John,

in this article, you *wrote* the following:

> At the beginning of the script, I set the property

> AS_VERSION_1_10 to 17826208, which is the binary-coded decimal

> value for AppleScript version 1.10.

But because you forgot to escape of code-ify the AS_VERSION_1_10
bit, it comes out with an italicised “VERSION” part that has no
apostrophes around it.

It is evident that the special rule set to disregard some
internal underscores is necessary. The simple underscore-emphasis
rule clearly violates the maxime that syntax should be designed
so that people don’t trigger it accidentally. Even you got snared
by it.

Regards,