Revised 2005 proposal for meta-data

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun Dec 31 08:09:58 EST 2006

Le 2006-12-31 à 5:01, Andrea Censi a écrit :

> Ideally the list of characters that MIGHT be escaped should be the

> same in every part of the document, while some characters MUST be

> escaped in certain parts.

Well, that's what I had in mind too. Having different lists of
escapable characters depending on the context makes things harder,
both for the implementer and for the user.

> For example:

> {title=my\}title} <= this } MUST be escaped

> {title="my}title"} <= no need to escape } inside quotes

> {title="my\}title"} <= but it MIGHT be escaped to give the same

> result (consistency)

Exactly what I had in mind. You could also add:

{t}: title=my}title <= no need to escape '}' here.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/