parsing question - lists and blockquotes

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 12:19:10 EDT 2006

* Michel Fortin <michel.fortin at michelf.com> [2006-06-08 17:25]:

> Interestingly, PHP Markdown Extra kinda "solves" your problem

> by *not* making a blockquote inside the list, which I think is

> the expected behaviour when the list item doesn't contain any

> paragraph.

Agreed: if the quotemarks are not indented, I would expect that
the blockquote not be pulled into the list item. If they are,
though, I would expect the blockquote to go inside the list item.
Sometimes exacting indentation is useful to disambiguate.

Aside from that though, the output’s screwy tag nesting indicates
that this is a case of a bonafide bug where Markdown.pl may be
resolving a construct in a way that is not even intended in the
syntax rules.

Regards,