MultiMarkdown and MathML - new feature and request for help

Johannes Grosse jgrosse at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Jun 13 02:06:56 EDT 2006

Hello to everybody,

I am glad to see that there seems to be some movement towards a
semi-official math framework.

Currently I use a simple perl script which reads LaTeX commands from
the markdown text and feeds them into latex to produce images. Of
course LaTeX does not have a particularly beautiful syntax, but it
works, is decently fast (less then 1 second for the example page below)
and the images are understood by any browser.
See <http://wwwth.mppmu.mpg.de/members/jgrosse/texdown/TeXdown-Readme.html>
for an example sheet. (Don't be frightened by the 0.2 version. ;)

Is there any way of telling Markdown (in an unobstrusive way) that
some pieces should be processed by other software? (I envision some
sort of light-weight, readable cweb, without rearrangement of pieces.)

Just a thought, which---I am aware---is probably way to ugly for a
lean Markdown, so please be gentle, regards
--
Johannes Grosse <http://wwwth.mppmu.mpg.de/members/jgrosse/>