[ANN] PEAR Channel and Git Repository Mirror for PHP Markdown & Extra

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Aug 31 16:22:41 EDT 2007

Until today, the only way I offered PHP Markdown and PHP Markdown
Extra was with packaged zip files available on my website. It turns
out, unsurprisingly, that some people would prefer a simpler path for
keeping their copy of PHP Markdown up-to-date.

So today I announce two additional ways of grabbing PHP Markdown and
PHP Markdown Extra. The first one is a PEAR channel which can be used
with the PEAR installer. PEAR is a packaging system included in the
default PHP install, and thus should be ideal to update PHP Markdown
on a server.

The channel's name for PEAR is "pear.michelf.com", and you can get
basic instructions as to how to use it by going to the web page at
the same address: <http://pear.michelf.com/>.

The second method for grabbing PHP Markdown is to use the Git[^1]
repository mirror available at <http://git.michelf.com/php-markdown/
>. This is a direct mirror of my local Git repository I'm using to
keep track of changes I make while working on the code. The
repository contains two branches: the "master" branch contains the
code for PHP Markdown; and PHP Markdown Extra is maintained in the
"extra" branch.

The Git mirror should be particularly interesting to other developers
who want to follow PHP Markdown's development and track changes made
to it. Take note that I offer no guaranties about the stability of
the code on the head of any branch, so be careful with what you get
there.

So, that's it. Questions, comments are welcome.

[^1]:
[Git][] is a version control system created by Linus Torvalds to
manage
the development of the Linux kernel.

[Git]: http://git.or.cz/

Michel Fortin