S5 slide show system

Soryu soryu2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 08:49:27 EST 2007

On 02.02.2007, at 13:08, Daniel Winterstein wrote:

> S5 - http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/ - is an html-based slide-show

> system. It produces professional-looking slideshows from text with a

> little xml markup.

> Has anyone tried using Markdown to generate S5 slide-shows? I think

> this would be a pretty neat system. I'm thinking a level-1 header

> could be the slideshow title, and level-2 headers could define

> individual slides.

There is an [S5 bundle for TextMate][1] which I have used once. You
can write your slides as a markdown file with a little added syntax
and generate a preview or convert to HTML.

If you are not using TextMate or are not on a Mac, you can surely
adapt the Ruby script used by TextMate and adapt it to your needs.

From the Bundle Help:

> Getting Started

> The best way to start a new presentation is to use the “New from

> Template” option from the “File” menu, choosing “S5 Presentation”

> from the “S5” menu. This will give you a basic presentation file

> which you can then start modifying.

> To quickly enter a new slide, type “slide” and hit the tab key. If

> you just want to create the dividing marker inbetween slides, type

> “cut” and hit the tab key.

> The formatting of the slides themselves is Markdown, which is

> pretty ideal for entering lots of bullet lists and headings. S5

> does support most any HTML you enter into the slide as well,

> including images. Refer to the S5 project sitefor further

> documentation on writing slides.

Cheers,
Soryu

[1]: http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/S5.tmbundle/