Markdown for Wordpress?

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Jan 15 23:31:57 EST 2007

Le 2007-01-15 à 22:58, Robert Dumas a écrit :

> Does anyone know which version of Markdown is best for Wordpress? I

> see online that there are a few and was wondering which one people

> prefer.

Well, I maintain [PHP Markdown][1] and [PHP SmartyPants][2] which can
both be used natively as WordPress plugins and although I don't use
WordPress myself I think I'm doing a good job at ensuring everything
works right.

I know there is also that [TextControl][3] plugin for WordPress that
allows Markdown and SmartyPants on a per-post basis (using PHP
Markdown and PHP SmartyPants as the backend), although it hasn't been
updated in a while and probably has some issues.

Do you have any other "version" in mind?

[1]: http://www.michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/
[2]: http://www.michelf.com/projects/php-smartypants/
[3]: http://dev.wp-plugins.org/wiki/TextControl

Michel Fortin