Markdown generates invalid html for a list immediately followed by a quote

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 19:54:19 EDT 2007

On 7/8/07, Michel Fortin <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote:

> Le 2007-07-07 à 11:12, John Gruber a écrit :

True, but if you read between the lines, it is already insinuated that
that is the way things work. I know that's the way I initially
understood it. It was only after a few errors (in my typing) that I
realized the extra line break isn't always necessary. I just
considered it sloppy typing -- I'd say that unless there is something
somewhere that specifically says it's supposed to work without the
blank line, then we should expect the blank line to be there. Anything
else is just a sloppy/lazy author, which we can't make exceptions for.
But maybe that's just me.

For that matter, I believe python already is pretty strict about
requiring the blank line between any block-level constructs. There may
be an exception or two in a few minor edge cases, but that's it. I'd
say python is ahead of the curve on this one.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com