Markdown generates invalid html for a list immediately followed by a quote

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Mon Jul 9 15:28:21 EDT 2007

On Jul 8, 2007, at 6:47 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:

> I'm all for it. But wouldn't that compromise a lot of currently

> existing documents?

Probably.

One reason I've held off on major updates for so long is the idea
that if I'm going to break compatibility with Markdown 1.0, it'd best
to break it once, in multiple ways. Better for one Markdown 2.0 that
breaks/changes/clarifies several things all at once than than a bunch
of 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 updates that break things here and there.

Plus, anything outright new, like tables, is by definition going to
break compatibility with 1.0 implementations.