Markdown generates invalid html for a list immediately followed by a quote

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Thu Jul 12 07:51:33 EDT 2007

Le 2007-07-09 à 18:33, John Fraser a écrit :

> To handle bizarre indentation, the rule should probably be that an

> outdented list item belongs to the most recent list item that's

> indented less. So:

> - level 1

> - level 2

> - level 2

> - level 3

> - level 1

Would that work with right-aligned numbers? I think not.

1. Test
1. Test
2. Test
3. Test
4. Test
5. Test
6. Test
7. Test
8. Test
9. Test
10. Test
2. Test

Surely there's a way to make that work, but it's certainly not going
to be easy to explain how it works. (It'd be magic for most people.)
I still believe the "four spaces or one tab" rule is easier to
understand. If we're going to make a lot of incompatible changes,
it'd be a good time to change Markdown so this rule works as expected.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/