Markdown generates invalid html for a list immediately followed by a quote

Allan Odgaard 29mtuz102 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jul 15 18:50:24 EDT 2007

On 7. Jul 2007, at 17:12, John Gruber wrote:

> [...]

> I think there should be an official rule that all block-level

> constructs must be separated by a blank line.

When revising the rules, let me point your attention to a post of
mine about problems with nesting block-level constructs and lazy-
mode: <http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2006-August/
000151.html>

Would be nice to also address the ambiguities raised there, and in
that post I give the following example:

> > I wrote something
> you replied
and now here is my reply to your reply.

I really would like to see that interpreted as it reads, rather than
a single paragraph of double-quoted text (which is presently the
case) -- seems your new proposal would make my preferred
interpretation even less likely.