Markdown generates invalid html for a list immediately followed by a quote

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Jul 16 21:57:53 EDT 2007

Le 2007-07-12 à 8:26, Már Örlygsson a écrit :

> Michel Fortin wrote:

>> Would that work with right-aligned numbers? I think not.

> I think it would.

> If we use John's example:

Yes, if we use John Fraser's example, it'd work as he said. It would
not work as a user would expect with my example though (the one you
skipped from my email):

1. Test
1. Test
2. Test
3. Test
4. Test
5. Test
6. Test
7. Test
8. Test
9. Test
10. Test
2. Test

Here, using John Fraser's suggested algorithm, subitem number 10
would be sent to the first list which is indented less, which means
between item 1 and 2 of the outer list. I think a user would expect
item 10 to come after item 9 in the nested list.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/