[ANN] WMD: the Wysiwym Markdown Editor

John Fraser john at attacklab.net
Fri Jun 8 14:03:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

I recently released WMD, a WYSIWYG-style Markdown editor in JavaScript:

http://wmd-editor.com/

The idea is to make Markdown more accessible to first-time users. The
editor buttons generate the Markdown for you, and a live preview shows
the results as you type. Site authors can have the output submitted
in either Markdown or HTML. WMD works in modern versions of IE,
Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Konqueror.

[Showdown][1] is still open source, but this project is closed-source
(to the extent JavaScript *can* be). I'm going to take a crack at
charging for some features, but there's a free version that accepts
all Markdown and should be good for casual uses like blog comments.
Right now I'm going with a hosted model so that I can push updates and
bug fixes behind the scenes, but that might change before I actually
get around to billing.

Feel free to email me directly with any feedback, bug reports, or suggestions.

-John Fraser
http://wmd-editor.com/

[1]: http://www.attacklab.net/showdown-gui.html