[ANN] Markdown.pl 1.0.2b8

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Wed May 9 15:42:45 EDT 2007

Changes from 1.0.2b7:

+ Fixed bug with nested raw HTML tags that contained
attributes. The problem is that it uses a backreference in
the expression that it passes to gen_extract_tagged, which
is broken when Text::Balanced wraps it in parentheses.

Thanks to Matt Kraai for the patch.

+ Now supports URLs containing literal parentheses, such as:

Such parentheses may be arbitrarily nested, but must be

Starting tomorrow, I'll be offline for the next week or so, but
after that I plan to finish off this beta. I'm thinking it
should probably be reversioned to 1.1, as the syntax has some
subtle differences.

Bug fixes and performance improvements = 1.1.

After that, syntax additions and changes for something we'll
either number 1.5 or 2.0.