Feature Request External label resolution

Allan Odgaard 29mtuz102 at sneakemail.com
Sat Apr 19 23:35:56 EDT 2008

On 20 Apr 2008, at 00:28, Sherwood Botsford wrote:

> [...]

> Suppose that markdown was clever enough to reference an external

> file (in .markdownrc of course) for the resolution of LABEL.

Here’s a simple shell script to convert all markdown to HTML and using
a shared references file:

cd ~/MySite/pages

for f in *.mdown; do
cat "$f" references|Markdown.pl > "../html/${f%.mdown}.html"
done

I use something like that myself where I also have a command to update
my references list, that is, grep through the pages for undefined
references and add these to the references file (where I will then
need to add the URI).