autolinking URL's

David Herren david at idiomatrix.com
Sat Dec 20 13:51:45 EST 2008

Maybe I'm confused, but I've always just enclosed the url with angle
brackets <> and it automatically becomes a clickable link displaying
the url as the clickable text. Since I only use the php version of
markdown, maybe that's just a feature there, but it works for me.

On Dec 20, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> Is there a way to have markdown automatically convert obvious (http,

> mailto) URL's to links?

> i.e: http://example.com -> <a href="http://example.com>http://example.com

> </a>

/david

--
david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys orionarm

Once there was a time when all people believed in God and the church
ruled. This time is called the Dark Ages.