Entity conversion glitch?

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:35:48 EST 2008

I would say this is a minor bug, and an interesting edge case as well.
The cause is the semi-colon following the `T`. `&T;` looks like an
html entity. If you remove the semicolon, the `&` is properly
converted to `&`.

In python-markdown, you can escape the `&` and you will get the expected output:

under a license from AT\&T; however, others were based on BSD instead.

becomes:

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work in the other implementations.