evolving the spec (was: forking Markdown.pl?)

Yuri Takhteyev qaramazov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 03:49:23 EST 2008

> Anyway, a spec for Markdown Extra would contain a spec for Markdown as

> well, wouldn't it?

I think the whole enterprise would be a lot more valuable, if we
produce a combined spec, which would be self-contained, and call it
Markdown 2.0.

I don't think we necessarily need a formal grammar. What we need is
to create a document, starting with "Markdown Syntax" perhaps, throw a
bunch of questions at it, settle on the answers, incorporate them into
a spec. Perhaps we can use the wiki at http://markdown.infogami.com/
for this.

(BTW, I just cleaned up the wiki removing links to unrelated sites and
reorganizing the rest into what seemed like a more coherent set of
categories.)

- yuri

--
http://sputnik.freewisdom.org/