mkhtml.py: writing HTML documents in Markdown

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Jun 7 11:42:53 EDT 2008

[Note to markdown-discuss readers: for context see
<http://lists.canonical.org/pipermail/kragen-hacks/2008-June/000488.html>]

* Kragen Javier Sitaker <kragen at pobox.com> [2008-06-07 09:40]:

> Stylesheeting comes naturally. I just put a `<style>` element

> at the top with a few lines inside of it to format nicely.

Note that Markdown ends up wrapping `<link>` and `<style>`
in `<p>` tags, arguably erroneously. Weirdly, it looks like
Python-Markdown should avoid that mistake:

* <http://babelmark.bobtfish.net/?markdown=%3Cstyle%3Efoo+%7B%7D%3C%2Fstyle%3E>
* <http://babelmark.bobtfish.net/?markdown=%3Clink+%2F%3E>

But at the top of <http://canonical.org/~kragen/crywrap.html> the
problem shows up anyway.

Of course, neither tag has any business being in the HTML body;
they should both be in the head. Since you’re loading
BeautifulSoup anyway, you probably want to include that as fix-up
step in your postprocessing.

Regards,