Fenced-Code-Blocks in Python-Markdown

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Mon May 12 08:44:55 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Már Örlygsson <mar.nospam at anomy.net> wrote:

> > <pre><code class="html">&lt;p&gt;Hello World!&lt;/p&gt;

> > </code></pre>

> It would be a much better idea to place the class-name on the outer

> element (`<pre>`)

I had initially intended on doing that myself. However, I figured
support for Highlight.js would be more important. Besides, while I
generally like styling hooks on the outermost level in html, I can't
imagine any benefit in this scenario. And when you think about it, it
is the "code" that determines the styling, so logically the "code" tag
should get the styling hook. I suspect that was the reasoning behind
Highligh.js.

--
----
Waylan Limberg