A Modest Definition List Proposal

Tom Humiston tom at jumpingrock.net
Wed Feb 18 17:50:32 EST 2009

A problem I see with your suggestion about not including newlines is
that interpreting the form "xxx ~ yyy" as a DT/DD pair precludes the
use of " ~ " (space-tilde-space) in some other ways it's likely to be
used ~ for instance, as an alternative to the plain hyphen.

I also suppose that's why the suggestion in 2005 was for double
colons. Colon-newline seems pretty clear, if anything is. (Mind you, I
am NOT involved in writing implementations whatsoever; I'm just
watching the mailing list.)

Tom Humiston