Including external files

Sherwood Botsford sgbotsford at gmail.com
Fri May 1 08:04:53 EDT 2009

Template toolkit.

Here's a sample:

[% PROCESS header.inc
Title = "Sherwood's Forests -- Almanac"
Desc = "Sherwood's Forests life at the tree farm."
%]
<DIV id="content">

[% FILTER multimarkdown %]

# Sherwood's Almanac
#### Week starting 22 March 2009
***

[% PROCESS Copyright.inc %][% END %]

[% INCLUDE footer.inc %]

That's the blank template I use for my blog.

PROCESS allows you to pass data to the include file.
INCLUDE just includes it verbatim with no processing by the template system.
Therer is also INSERT which works like process, but acts like it's
call-by-value instead
of call-by-reference for the name space.

In my case, header.inc builds the menu, Copyright.inc has the copyright
info and also a link back to the top of the page.
(My Bad: my pages tend to be 3-4 screens long.)

Footer has the document end and a couple of google Adsense boxes.

--
Sherwood Botsford
Sherwood's Forests