Markdown Support in Drupal6.14?

Lou Quillio public at quillio.com
Mon Oct 19 23:22:47 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 3:20 PM, AJG Baeumel
<ajgb at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk> wrote:

> Why is Marksmarty no longersupported in Drupal 6.14?

It's been a while since I've worked with Drupal, but I remember that
MarkSmarty was really just a hybrid convenience filter. It's better to
apply the SmartyPants and Markdown filters (in that order) to your
content, and update them by dropping-in Michel's latest PHP libs if
the Drupal-supplied ones fall out of date.

http://michelf.com/projects/php-smartypants/
http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/

WRT what the Drupal community supports or doesn't, those questions are
best answered by them.

Best,

LQ