markdown do not support Strikethrough ?

david parsons orc at pell.portland.or.us
Thu Jul 22 17:19:57 EDT 2010

> I am using indefero,and its wiki use markdown as wiki syntax,and I found that

> markdown do not support Strikethrough ?

I think it would be difficult to find some syntax that's more
comprehensible than doing <s>inline html markup</s> for strikethrough.

*emphasis* is one thing, because there's a long tradition of using
underscores and stars for emphasis, but there's not anything there
except for ^H and ^W for strikethrough, and that's not widely enough
used to make sense to a lot of people.

-david parsons