markdown do not support Strikethrough ?

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Jul 23 07:42:00 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 03:27, david parsons <orc at pell.portland.or.us> wrote:

> Arno Hautala <arno at alum.wpi.edu> wrote:

>>I could have sworn that this was done using dashes.

>>-Apparently that's not so.-

>   But how do would you visually differentiate that markup from

>   regular hyphens in text?   (There are already cases -- the lowly

>   underscore springs to mind -- where the reference markdown does

>   the non-obvious thing.)

Agreed. How common is it to actually want to strike out text anyway?
I've clearly not done it much; thinking a non-existent feature was the
standard.
It's just not something that's useful or common enough to warrant
inclusion, especially when using actual HTML is a simple and effective
solution.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp eabb6fe6 d47c500f b2458f5d a7cc7abb f81c4e00