multiline header

david parsons orc at pell.chi.il.us
Tue Mar 2 11:55:42 EST 2010

In article <e5d795bb1003020800x4b755d7fu5af6be6b4ea685d2 at mail.gmail.com>,
Waylan Limberg <markdown-discuss at six.pairlist.net> wrote:

>The original design goals also specifically stated that anything more

>complex that the syntax already supported should be handled by raw

>html. And, well, if you look at the source of his pages (add ".txt" to

>the urls), J.G. almost exclusively uses raw html for his headers.

Hmm? From a casual look at Daring Fireball this morning, about
the only raw html headers I saw were ones where he was id'ing
them (since, alas, the standard doesn't have the [foo](id:bar)
pseudo-protocol.)

>But

>that's not what I would call designed for lazy users.

It might be just me, but the surprise factor of having a header
reach back and grab an entire paragraphs might be less attractive
than it would seem, even to the body of users who write long headers
with a text editor that forces line-wrap at 80 characters.

-david parsons