[Bulk] Re: Markdown development

Albert Skye mistlail at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 02:52:13 EST 2010

> See this: http://github.github.com/github-flavored-markdown/

> I think their assumptions about newlines is way off.

I don't know about their assumptions but I do know that I prefer that behaviour and it was one of the first departures I made from Markdown syntax.

When I insert a newline in my text, I mean for it to remain. I don't hard wrap my e-mail or other text.

The fixed-width character column can be useful but the paradigm is also brittle and pernicious; better to make things work without it because it smells really bad too.