Markdown development

Albert Skye mistlail at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 14:47:46 EDT 2010

> What it does need is one central voice.

That's one way to do it, and as unlikely as it may seem, cooperation is another way. In that case, a will to cooperate is necessary.

In any case, it seems useful to at least clean up and disambiguate a common Markdown core. I think Markdown would be more useful were it (and this community) more coherent. If that means the installation of a new sovereign, so be it.

Anyway, my own interest favours the more general problem of an unambiguous syntax for structured text (rather than an alternative representation for HTML) and I certainly don't expect Markdown to address that, though I imagine others reading this list share similar interest.