PHP Markdown Extra fork for MathJax

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:00:50 EDT 2010

Wedging the code for inline math into parseSpan was the hardest part.
I was expecting series of span-handling functions as in Gruber's
original and Penney's MultiMarkdown.

Since I don't really know how to code in PHP, subclassing never occurred to me.

I agree that it's better to call it an extension rather than a fork.
It still does everything other than math just like PHP Markdown Extra.
The repository's README does refer to it as extension.