CodeDown = Markdown as the universal language for program documentation

bucephalus org bucephalus.org at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:10:58 EDT 2011

Hi Bob, hi Waylan,

There seems to be no end in good news .... I definitely need to study all
that. Thank you very much!

What I like in Markdown, compare to other lightweight-markups and in this
context of program documentation, is the two little, but very useful
features: backticks around a phrase turn it into code (i.e. `f(n)` turns
into <code>f(n)</code>) and the indentation of tabs or four spaces turns a
convenient markup for inline and block code, one can imagine. Even more
natural than the LaTeX $...$ for inline and $$...$$ for block code.