Consecutive code blocks

David Chambers david.chambers.05 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:59:47 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I just wrote some Markdown which featured the following code snippets:

<h1>TXJS 2011 Speakers</h1>
<ul>
</ul>

ul {
list-style: square outside;
color: #ccc;
}

li>span {
color: #000;
}

The horrible styling above highlights the trailing whitespace a few lines
from the end.

I would love this to be converted to *two* code blocks rather than one.

I realize that the fenced code extension provided by certain implementations
makes it possible to generate
nice to be able to achieve this within including a dozen tildes. :)

Has anyone written a Markdown extension along these lines?

David