edit in place - splitting a markdown text according to headers

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:42:23 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Alexandre Leray
<newsletters at alexandreleray.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> I'd like to implement an edit-in-place functionnality for a (python)

> markdown-based wiki. Does anyone know how I could proceed?

> I was thinking I could split the markdown file according to h1 headers...

The rss extension [1] which ships with Python-Markdown sorta does
this. Each section (split by h1) becomes an 'item' in an rss document.
The extension is old and hasn't been maintained like the rest of the
library and I don't really recommend it, but a look at the code may
provide some guidance. However, the more I think about it, I'm not
really sure how that would be translated to an edit-in-place feature.

[1]: https://github.com/waylan/Python-Markdown/blob/master/markdown/extensions/rss.py

--
----