Metadata syntax (was Universal syntax for Markdown)

M Harris mark at 2011.n0b.org
Wed Aug 17 18:17:47 EDT 2011

So, hi all. First time commenting on the list.

I personally think having tags (whether of type "author:" or type "by")
is useful for two reasons.
One: It allows multiple tags to be entered. Two, it clears up the
potential problem listed by Fletcher regarding tags.

by Christoph Freitag
Affiliation: XYZ
by Fletcher T. Penney
Affiliation: ABC
tags: Markdown, Standardization, MMD, Metadata
desc: An interesting discussion of how metadata could be included
usefully in Markdown, whilst being readable etc.

Regarding the localisation problem then, I thought that this was a
solved problem when it came to computing? (At least in the cases of the
major world languages.) A parser could have a table of equivalent words,
so in English "by", en français "de" (pardon my French*).

* By which I mean, I'm not sure that's correct, because I'm only a
learner.