php-markdown-extra-extended - my humble attempt at extending php-markdown

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:34:26 EDT 2011

Yes, I implemented an extension to Python-Markdown a few weeks back
which should be available in a release real soon now. Docs are here:
https://github.com/waylan/Python-Markdown/blob/master/docs/extensions/attr_list.txt

The other implementation is
http://kramdown.rubyforge.org/syntax.html#inline-attribute-lists

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Alan Hogan <contact at alanhogan.com> wrote:

> Waylan, out of curiosity, which implementations are those? Is yours one?

> Alan Hogan

> http://blogic.com

> contact at alanhogan.com

> On Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Waylan Limberg wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Egil Hansen <egil at assimilated.dk> wrote:

> Dear all,

> I have used Markdown via Drupal a few months now, with a customer site

> and my currently my own blog and based on that practical experience I

> wanted to add some extra functionality to PHP Markdown Extra, so out

> of this grow my (extended) weekend project

> https://github.com/egil/php-markdown-extra-extended

> The big missing item right now that I would like to implement is the

> ability to add classes to block and span elements. My basic idea is to

> use a syntax like this: {some class}

> If you're looking for prior art, I'd suggest Maruku's attribute lists

> [1]. I'm aware of at least two other markdown implementations which

> have adopted this.

> [1]: http://maruku.rubyforge.org/proposal.html#attribute_lists

> --

> ----