php-markdown-extra-extended - my humble attempt at extending php-markdown

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:02:48 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM, David Chambers
<david.chambers.05 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Albert Skye <mistlail at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>        This paragraph has an attribute list attached by reference.

>>        {ref}

>>        [ref]: #id .class name=value

> This strikes me as an elegant solution to the problem, askye. Does anyone

> know of an extension that uses this syntax?

Maruku does (almost) [1] as a part of there attribute list syntax.
Basically, any single word (not a key=value pair or not starting with
a `#` or `.`) is treated as a reference. I have not implemented this
part in my implementation, mostly because I wasn't convinced that
Maruku's reference syntax was right.

[1]: http://maruku.rubyforge.org/proposal.html#using_tags

--
----