Proposed table specification (long!)

Simon Bull waysoftheearth at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 10 19:47:18 EDT 2011

Thanks for your replies gentlemen. I'm not surprised by the lack of...
"enthusiasm".

I would like to add, in reply to Waylan's comment about "prose", that
markdown already includes syntax for lists, link, horizontal rules, images
and so on which are not "prose" either. Surely markdown can only be a more
useful tool with table support than without it.

I agree with David's comment that the specification needs an implementation
before people will take it seriously. I did, however, think it was a
reasonable notion to firstly propose a solution, then have it reviewed by a
meaningful authority (i.e., this list), and then think about implementing
it.

I will leave it to simmer a while before I go any further with it.

Thanks again,

Simon